29 August 2009

Time to Spare

This morning we went back to the giant flea market at Montagnola. It is an intense experience. I found a few things I needed, like towels, but knowing that it's there every Friday and Saturday is comforting. I think that one way to cope with the dizzying size is to decide what you want to get before you go, and only look for the varieties of that thing.

This afternoon I took a walk around my future neighborhood. I like it. I found that there is a fresh fruit and vegetable market just one street over.

Dinner tonight at Il Palazzo: tortelloni filled with spinach and ricotta cheese, with gorgonzola sauce and walnuts. For dessert, we went around the corner to the Peccati di Gola and got gelatto. I got cioccolato fondente, dark chocolate, and cocco, coconut. It was like a liquid Mounds bar, but the flavors were richer and... better.

Tomorrow, we're heading to nine o'clock Mass at the Basilica di San Petronio, the patron saint of Bologna.

No comments:

Post a Comment