17 March 2010

Amazing Week Part One - Michael?! or, How Maria is the Luckiest Girl in the World


Well, I suppose it's not very new news anymore, but two weeks of evenings ago as I was sitting in my room and studying, there was a knock on my door. Thinking it was one of my roommates, i responded, "Si`?" as I slowly turned around. There, with a funny little smile on his face, was Michael! I wasn't really prepared for this kind of shock (well, if you're prepared for it, it's hardly a shock anymore, right?), and for the next ten minutes I stammered and shook and tried to be sure I wasn't dreaming. I believe I questioned the entire universe in that moment, meaning if you had told me that the sky was now pink and falling, I would have believed you.

So, needless to say, it was the best surprise ever!! I used to consider myself a difficult person to surprise, but after hearing about how this trip had been in the works since August, with many accomplices (my roommates included! Michael's Italian skills came in handy), I renounce that title. Although I doubt anything else could quite top that... :D

It was a very busy weekend here in Via dei Bersaglieri, as Ania and Serena both had visitors from home stopping in, including Isotta, Serena's adorable little dog who didn't really like me that much. I think it had something to do with the fact that I don't share my food... Or that when Sere told me her parents were coming, I thought she said they were bringing "risotto" and I was a little disappointed to find the doggie in the bag a little less edible than I had hoped.

I had to fill Michael in with all the new food joints I'd found since December, and we also met my Polish friend, Gosia, for Via Crucis (Stations of the Cross) at San Pietro and enjoyed one nice day of sun in the Giardini Margherita, And that brings us about to when my sister Rose showed up on Sunday evening. But no worries, I was expecting her. But that is a story for another post! (I mean, it's kind of getting late... remember the time difference?)

Signed,
the Sengenblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment